With over 14 years experience as a successful registered Acupuncturist and Practitioner of TCM in Toronto, you can rest assured that you are in safe and capable hands with Drew Nesbitt. Drew is trained in two healthcare modalities: Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Nutritional Consulting. If you are looking for Fertility Acupuncture in Toronto, you have come to the right place.When you become a client of Drew’s, you not only benefit from a fully qualified and registered TCM practitioner, but you receive individualized consultations that include modern diet, nutrition and supplement advice. With access to Drew’s unique integration of these two healthcare modalities, you can acquire the most up-to-date knowledge and tools to help you take charge of your own health.
Summary of Drew’s Qualifications
- Completed a 4 year full-time Doctoral Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine www.tstcm.com
- Registered with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO) www.ctcmpao.on.ca
- Received a Diploma in Natural Nutrition from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition www.csnn.ca
- Received an Honours BA in Health Studies from Brock University www.brocku.ca
- Teaches in the Asian Medicine department at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine www.ccnm.edu
- Certified and insured to provide acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, nutritional consulting, moxibustion, cupping, tuina massage and NADA protocol
- Actively practicing for over 12 years in an integrated clinical setting
- Working with fertility enhancement for over 8 years
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique (CNT), disposable needles only www.ccaom.org
- Remains at the top of his field through a dedication to research and professional development
- Educates other health professionals on the topic of TCM through seminars and presentations: Mount Sinai Hospital’s fertility department, Wasser Pain Management clinic, St. Joseph’s Health Centre Physiotherapy department, etc.
- Published multiple articles in health magazines and health-based websites such as MediResource, Acupuncture.com and Hospital News
- Services covered by the majority of individual health insurance plans
My introduction to women’s health began when I was in university. At the time, I had no idea it would turn into a career. Majoring in Health Studies, I was exposed to up-to-date research topics and issues related to sexual education for women and men. Many of my female friends, often feeling uninformed and frustrated, relied on me as an approachable and knowledgeable source of support on a variety of issues related to their menstrual health and overall sexual health. I helped these women equip themselves with the tools and resources to take control of their health and make informed decisions as they navigated their way through adulthood.
My Journey Into Natural Medicine
Natural medicine was my second calling. I was very lucky to be taught by university professors dedicated to the principles of natural medicine. Their enthusiasm in this relatively new area of health studies (in North America) offered to me a variety of traditional medicines and alternative health practices. I immediately gravitated to the philosophies and theoretical framework behind Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Upon obtaining a four-year honours BA, I immediately enrolled in another four years at the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. During my training at TCM college, I converged my interest in sports medicine with TCM principles, hoping to work for a professional sports team as an acupuncturist for elite athletes. Although I did consider specializing in women’s health right away, I also thought, “Why would women go to see a male practitioner for their health concerns when so many female practitioners are already available to them?” Eight years later, I am a practitioner of TCM at an integrated health clinic with female clients remaining an important part of my practice and professional interests. These women experience health problems similar to my female friends in university, and as always, I welcome these dialogues and am confident I can provide clients with safe, natural, and effective solutions to their concerns. Realizing that women willingly work with male practitioners who are professional, knowledgeable, supportive and helpful, I have decided to concentrate my additional training (most notably in orthomolecular nutrition) on the most relevant issues surrounding women’s health:
- Fertility Enhancement
- Menopause Relief
- Menstrual Health
If you have a question for me about your health concern, please send me an email and I will be sure to get back to you with a brief outline of my approaches that can get your health back on track. In the meantime, please enjoy my website. Looking forward to meeting you soon! – Drew Nesbitt BA, R.TCMP, R.Ac.