Irregular periods are common among females but can be a problem if they occur often…especially when trying to conceive. Regulating your periods naturally with acupuncture, herbal medicine, proper diet and supplement advice will give your body what it needs to create a healthy, consistent period; optimizing your chances at conceiving.
Experiencing irregular periods once in a while does not necessarily indicate fertility problems. But if your cycle is consistently irregular, or if you are skipping periods, it is possible that you may not be ovulating. Irregular periods indicate that your hormones may not be functioning optimally, making conception difficult.
Common reasons why you may have an irregular period:
- PCOS – polycystic ovaries
- Inflammatory bowel disease can sometimes be associated with irregular periods
- High stress causing amenorrhea (lack of a period)
- Diet – history of bulemia or anorexia will create irregular cycles as will weight flucuations
- Excessive exercise
- Medications – coming off the birth control pill may create some irregular cycles (usually temporary)
Ideally, menstruation should occur every 28 days and last for 4 to 5 days with pain-free bleding. However, if your cycle is consistently shorter or longer by a few days, this is also considered normal (25-33 days).
By including acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutritional advice, a properly trained practitioner can give your body a “physiological nudge” in the right direction so you can properly produce and use the hormones necessary for reproduction.
Book with Drew today and get your periods back on track to increase your chances of getting pregnant.